The Washington State Veterinary Medical Association (“WSVMA”) is sponsoring a video contest under the theme, Veterinary Medicine Through an Animal’s Eyes (“Contest”). The following Official Rules will be adhered to strictly, most importantly deadlines. For questions, please contact Mr. Charlie Powell, WSVMA Public Information Director, at email@example.com.
Download PDF Version of Contest Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to any filmmaker 18 years or older (“Entrant”). Entry may be made by one or more individuals working as a production team. Only one entry by any single person or team of people is eligible for consideration.
2. ENTRY GUIDELINES: Submit a video entry (“Entry”) filmed by the Entrant(s):
- A video depicting the Entrant’s interpretation of the positive role of veterinarians in society from an animal’s perspective, which is no longer than 5 minutes in length.
- Maximum allowable file sizes are not to exceed 100mb and must be submitted in one of the following video formats: AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, 3GP, and 3G2.
- Entry must include the Entrant’s name, address, email, and phone number on the film as a trailer as well as on the entry form.
- All Entries and materials submitted become the sole property of the WSVMA and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Entries received without complete and accurate information will be disqualified.
- Entries that miss the due dates as stated below and/or do not meet these Entry Guidelines will be disqualified.
- Entries must not include any entity's brand name, logo, company name, trademark, service mark, copyrighted material of other parties, or material that is in any way proprietary.
- Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of the WSVMA, is considered inappropriate or not suitable for publication or is determined to include an Ineligible Person will be disqualified.
- WSVMA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with entry process or operation of Contest, to be acting in violation of the terms of the Contest or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person.
- By submitting an Entry, the Entrant warrants that (1) the Entry does not violate any law, regulation or right of any third party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, rights of publicity or privacy, (2) you have followed the Official Rules of the Contest, and (3) the Entry has not been published or submitted in any other competition.
- If Entry contains an identifiable person other than entrant, by submitting entry, entrant represents and warrants that he/she has obtained the consent of such person to use the video as outlined herein and such person will be required to provide written a consent form prior to any award. No award will be given without consent received.
3. VOID: The Contest is void where prohibited.
4. AGREEMENT TO RULES: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects.
5. NO OBLIGATION: Entrants are not required to own an animal or patronize a veterinary practice. Doing either does not improve chances of winning.
6. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PST) on March 15, 2012, and ends 11:59:59 p.m. (EDT) on July 1, 2012 (the "Contest Period"). Entry occurs at the time the entry is received by the WSVMA who is solely responsible for official timing of entries. No entries will be considered after the end of the contest period.
7. SCREENING: All Entries received will be screened by members of the WSVMA Public Information Committee or their designees to ensure compliance with the entry guidelines. The Committee will determine the winning entry.
8. AWARD: One Grand Champion (1): The chosen winner (“Winner”) will receive a cash award of $1,500 (one thousand five hundred dollars). The winning Entry may be used in any manner by the WSVMA. WSVMA agrees to provide attribution in the film’s trailer for the Winner.
9. OBLIGATIONS: WSVMA is not obligated to make any use of the winning entry at all. The Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer the award to any other person or entity.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, Entrant agrees that the WSVMA, its agents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, members and agents are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Entrant against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any award or participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities, including any travel related thereto, and the use of the entry in any manner and (b) except where legally prohibited. All entrants grant (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission to WSVMA and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and/or entry (and notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Official Rules, license use of entry, which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, together or with other works, as solely determined by the WSVMA at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval. All federal, state and local income and other taxes on the award and their use are solely the WSVMA’s responsibility.
11. AFFIDAVIT/RELEASES/ASSIGNMENT: The Winner will be required to complete, execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability and publicity release within seven (7) days of notification. The Winner is responsible to ensure that for all minors, the parent or legal guardian, has completed, executed, signed and returned a liability release, and a publicity release and videographer's assignment of rights. The Winner will be required to provide the original release forms for all recognizable/named person(s) in the Entry. All completed & executed releases of persons in Winner's video and videographer's assignments of rights, must be returned to the WSVMA within seven (7) days of notification.
If any of the required documentation are not returned within allotted time period, or if any Winner's notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, Winner will be disqualified and the award will be given to another qualifying Entrant.
Should the WSVMA fail to request said releases and/or assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of WSVMA’s rights and WSVMA may at a later time request those Releases and/or assignment.
12. WINNERS LIST: The Winning Entry will be available and posted at: www.wsvma.org.
13. SUBMISSIONS: Submit your entry to:
Washington State Veterinary Medical Association
8024 Bracken Place SE
Snoqualmie, WA 98065
CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR: Mr. Charlie Powell, firstname.lastname@example.org, (509) 595-2017.